The EYE project Early Years Equalities is a Comenius Regio Project co-funded through the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Commission.
The project works with partners from the Flemish Community (BE) and Staffordshire (UK) to explore quality in Early Years practice, both in day care centres and pre-school kindergartens.
Comenius Regio partnerships are bilateral partnerships between two local or regional authorities with a role in school education in different countries. Each authority must involve at least one school and one other organisation from its region or municipality in the project.
The project aims to:
- explore quality in Early Years practice, both in day care centres and pre- school kindergartens
- develop a sustainable relationship by familiarizing each partner with their individual contexts
- create a reflective programme of individual and shared observation, to share good practice
- disseminate the learning and products arising from the project to a wider audience
The three lines of enquiry within the project are:
- equality and diversity within Early Years settings
- early language acquisition
- transition points in a child’s learning and development.
These areas were selected because of our agreed imperative to reduce the gap in achievement between the least and most advantaged children.